Monday, April 16, 2018

Where did you get that adorable coat?...a short tale of how I was awesome for three minutes...and then I wasn't.



It was Saturday. It was busy. It was rainy.
He dropped me off at the door and went to find a parking spot.

I walked into Nordstrom.
I looked at scarves only the Queen of England could afford.
I smelled perfumes. I glanced at new lip colors. I waited.

Then a beautiful twenty-something year old employee of Nordstrom started toward me.
"I looooOOOoooove your coat! Where did you get it from?"
...she, with her pretty hair and perfect make-up asked.

Me:
"Ha. I actually bought it ten years ago, wore it for a while,
gave it to my sister and she just gave it back to me..
this coat is on it's third round.."

Beautiful Girl:
"It looks GREAT on you! I love how you paired it with the floral scarf."

Me:
"Thank you."

Beautiful, Lovely Girl:"Wow..your whole outfit, I mean, you look fabulous!"

Me..{feeling pretty good about my clothing ensemble}:
"Oh..thank you"..blush, blush.

Beautiful, Lovely, Very Sweet Girl: "I bet you've been getting compliments all day!"
{I promise she said this!}

Me..{waving hand confidently}: "Well, ha, no."

Beautiful Girl That I Now Really Liked:
"Well, you really do look great. Love your style giiiirl."

Me...{I'm awesome!} {..I mean, c'mon, she called me giiiirl! }: "Haha..Thank you."

My Beautiful Bestie. What a Doll...Holding A Bottle Of ...Something....
What Is My Beautiful Bestie Holding?
"So I am working with an advanced aging skin care line for women your age..{YOUR AGE?}
and I have this cream that will help smooth out your skin, make your fine lines less noticeable.
It will also start to shrink your pores. I would love to have you sit down, I can
help you apply some...See if you like it?"

At that very moment my phone rang...
"Hey babe, I'm still looking for a parking spot...it's crazy out here!"

Me:
"Umm...actually, my husband is waiting for me...
...but thank you anyway. Maybe some other time."

Stupid Nordstom Employee Who Thought She Could Probably Be My Daughter
And Obviously Just Lost A Contact Lens:

"Have a nice day!"

Me:
"Thanks..You too"

...Oh sure...me and my lines and pores and crows feet and and Dr. Scholls
and TEN YEAR OLD COAT! will have a very.nice.day.

What is that sound? ...the crowd asked as I walked out the doors of Nordstrom.
It was the sound of a deflating head and humbled giiiiirl.

It was 3:30pm...Jeff and I decided to skip shopping and eat an EARLY DINNER.
..since we are "advanced agers" now.
...or at least my skin is.

XxOo

No comments:

Post a Comment