Friday, December 16, 2016

Hey! Are you baking cookies this weekend and a whole week of blogging wrapped up in wrapping up the week.

With Christmas music playing on the radio....our ride home from ice skating this afternoon...
...so beautiful.
.....so winter.
...so Christmas.
...so peaceful. {once we arrived home that is...wink}

If you know me, you know I HATE! driving in the snow.
One flake and I stay home. Thankfully it didn't start until we were close-ish to our town.





The cutest little ice skates I ever did see.



He has great uncles....they pushed him around on a small chair when he was too afraid to skate.
The first child in our family afraid of the ice..what in the world!
I'm sure by the end of winter he'll be a pro...but not today. Today was not a "pro" day.


We don't have the actual "Elf on the Shelf"...for the past few years we've been using this little guy.
I think he came off of my grandparent's tree...I remember him from somewhere in my childhood. Ha!

Anyway...it's fun having teenage boys who help out with all the fun during the holiday season.
Sam has been moving the elf each night.




Last weekend {after years of wanting to try...} we made our own sprinkling sugar!
Quick and simple to do... and I love the way the colors turned out when we used Turbinado sugar.


Step 1. Find a very handsome man to help out.
Step 2. Add 3 drops of food coloring to 1/4 cup of sugar.
Step 3. Mix well...add more drops if you want a darker color.
Step 4. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Step 5. Let the sugar cool.
Step 6. Break apart any clumping.
Step 7. Sprinkle onto cookies!






Happy last weekend before Christmas!
XxOo

No comments:

Post a Comment