Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Our menu always stays the same.


One of my favorite-est paintings...Doris Lee's "Thanksgiving".
It resides in The Art Institute of Chicago you know.
It's not a huge painting...but a fun one to stand in front of.

I love the little kitchen!
It's adorable, cozy and the floor is perfect....and the babies in the highchairs....
....but not the cat...the cat has to go. {sorry cat lovers everywhere}


Our Thanksgiving menu the past 14 years for the most part, has remained the same.
I love tradition...I love that we can look forward to the same-once-a-year meal.
Very American {and a little Italian}

We start with a fruit and cheese spread.

Dinner...
Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Pecan Sweet Potatoes
Green Beans
Gnocchi
Corn Pudding
Salad
Cranberry Sauce
Crescent Rolls
Good old...Brown and Serves! ...because you just have to.

Dessert....
Pumpkin Pie
Oreo Cheesecake
Pecan Brownies...{one day I will share the recipe. These bars are to die for!}
Coconut Bars
Pecan Nut Cups
...and keeping my Grandmother's tradition...Egg Nog for the first time of the season!

The desserts will vary...and everyone in the family pitches in for the meal.
I don't do ALL the cooking!

This year my girls have been in the kitchen with me...it's fun.
I love having them.

We will be hosting almost 50 people.
I love it!


Whether you are having a quiet Thanksgiving or a loud and crazy day...
Hope your's is a blessed one.

...and in the midst of all the chaos and the talk of Black Friday {sheesh! it's getting out of hand}
Remember why we are celebrating this holiday in the first place.

This is a day to give thanks.
Thanks to God for all we have been given.

I listened to a great sermon from Francis Chan yesterday while I cleaned up the house.
It was very convicting and put my materialism into perspective.
It's called Lukewarm and Loving It.

If you have a chance...I encourage you to click on the pink link above.
Put it on while you cook dinner or drive...it's worth the listen.

HaPpY Thanksgiving.
XxOo

No comments:

Post a Comment