Monday, November 21, 2016

"Jeff, this year, let's NOT do any home improvement projects the week of Thanksgiving."


Saturday afternoon as a husband and wife were cleaning up the garage and the house...

"I do not want to do any projects this week.
We always end up doing a last minute project and stressing the day before people come."

{..like the one time 10 years ago, when Jeff hung crown molding in the living room and
I cooked all day with little kids at my feet while the baby screamed
and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade played in the background...
....that's the stress I'm talking about!}

"Good idea. No projects."
"I just want to enjoy the week...focus on the holiday."
"Sounds good to me."

"Hey, look at how bad these built ins look...they're all chipping and gross and so 1970's."
"I know...I've hated them since we've moved in."
"You keep saying how you are going to build new doors on them."

"Do you want me to just rip them down? I can do it right now! What do you think?"

"Okay."

So on a Sunday afternoon while other families rested and relaxed...
....Jeff and Liz once again began a home improvement project the week of Thanksgiving.

This one is a biggie...it involved knocking down walls and busting out a ceiling.
We are in transition. This spring our little project will be complete.

But for now...we have a little extra space where the bulky shelves were.
...and a little extra painting to do this week. ;)

Happy Monday.
XxOo

No comments:

Post a Comment