Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Brick Oven Pizza Saved My Marriage.



August and September are the months I'm usually feeling burned out and "done"....
...the word NO sounds beautiful right now!

My dear friend {who happens to be my next door neighbor} wrote this.
Good timing for me to read...thought I'd share it with you too!



Brick oven pizza saved my marriage....
....well, kinda.  You see, after not setting up the proper boundaries in my life, a few “time suckers” snuck in!  It happens I suppose.  On this day, it was beautiful out!  Sunday was sunny and warm.   A perfect day for a hike.  Or, to spend almost 3 hours in a “short” meeting to go over things before an upcoming event I was helping out with.  There sits my family, waiting.  Okay, the kids were playing but husband, well, he wasn’t too pleased to say the least.  So, after a few “reserved” words to one another, he went one way and I went the other.  A bike ride w/ the kids and then a hike, alone, with the kids and the dog….and my pepper spray (it’s a crazy world).

All kinds of things were running through my head.  So many, I’m ashamed to even admit them. But, I’m sure you can guess how the snowball got rolling and before long, my thoughts were REALLY sour.  Sour with everyone.  “This is ridiculous” I told myself.  So, I then began throwing up prayers.  Random ones…”God, take this and make of it what you want”…”Show me where I’m at fault”….”Let him apologize, he’s clearly wrong”…..”Help me move to a remote island”….okay, that last one didn’t happen but the first two did!

Instead, He sent a neighbor inviting us over for pizza.  Sure beats the cold mac and tuna I was going to make!  That was God’s answer.  All I needed was something to stop this vicious cycle of my sour thoughts.  It was a wonderful evening…we vented to our friends and expressed the “lack” of boundaries we all get at some point.   After some great pizza and a glass of wine, all was well again.

There are a lot of “good” things out there to be a part of.  There are also a lot of things we don't need to be a part of.  I’m reminded that every time I say “yes” to something, I’m in turn saying “no” to something.  In this case, it was my family.  God calls me to be a good wife and mother.  I’m sad to say that at times I fail in those departments.  This is my season of being at home with my children and being a good “keeper” of the home.  After this “season”, I can say “yes” to many more things.

.........................................................................................................................................................

Thanks for this Angela.
So glad we could help save your marriage with a little cheese and sausage. ;)

Boundaries are hard to set up...saying No can be tough! {at least for me}

Knowing when to say yes and when to say no...it gets confusing! Right?
Your family has to come first. Priorities have to be kept straight or life will get messy!

The order has to be....
1. God
2. Your spouse.
3. Your kids.
4. Then extended family.

Your immediate household must sit at the top of your list. You need to protect it's place.
If you let this go, life will get messy and stressful.

Sometimes we have to say no to even the good things in order to protect our family.
Those currently in your household are most important.
{Preaching to myself here!}

If you're having trouble deciphering, ask your husband/wife to help keep you balanced.
Trust me, they know when things are off.

Here  is a great little piece on saying no!
Love the title..... I Miss My Actual Life.  
How many times have we all felt this way?! Read it, it's great.

Hope you're having a great Tuesday.
XxOo


No comments:

Post a Comment