Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Sharing things like fancy "Super Healthy Mochas" and my kids don't eat sugar. Both true stories.

Okay...maybe I stretched the super healthy part a little, but for a sugar lover like me, this IS healthy!
I try...I really do. In my head, I don't want to be a sugar addict..but in my mouth...well..yeah.

My kids are awesome eaters! My boys don't eat sugar {by choice} and my girls count their grams.
{maybe not the youngest...she has a lot of her mother in her, but she tries..}
...it's not like they never eat sugar..it's just not an everyday thing.

I stood in the bakery line like a fool and asked the kids what they wanted and everyone said nothing because they don't want sugar and the only one who ended up eating a doughnut...Yep!
The pig mother! The pig mother never has a problem saying Yes to 7,000 calorie filled doughnuts!

Jeff says I am a perfect example of "Do what I say and not what I do" parenting.
He said I'm genius for figuring it out....now if only I could make that happen in other areas....Hmmm.

Maybe it's the sugar documentaries I made them all watch in the name of homeschool health class
when really I was trying to be inspired. and it worked! for about a second in me.
It stuck in their little heads though...Thank you Netflix for instilling healthy values
in my children while I ate brownies.

Anyway...the real reason for this post is to tell you
I figured out an {almost} sugar-less way to drink fancy coffee!
Hence the "Super Healthy Coffee" title.

 I figured if I was going to start my day out with coffee....
..it needs to stop being the sugar filled, fancy creamer coffee I WAS drinking.
Now I start my day with super healthy coffee.




2-4 tablespoons of half and half creamer {buy organic..you will feel even healthier!}
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
1-2 packets of stevia {again...orgaaaaaaaniiiic!}
{I heat these three things together on my stove...stirring constantly}

Pour into mug, fill the rest of the mug with your freshly brewed coffee.
Top with fancy whipped cream.
Sprinkle a little cocoa powder on top for a dramatic, coffee shop effect!
Make hot or iced.

It has around 50-100 calories depending on the 2-4 teaspoons of  creamer
and how much whipped cream you top with.

Your coffee will have under 5 grams of sugar if you drink it this way!
AND...you won't have that sugar high/crash.

There you have it..Healthy Mochas.
They're fabulous! Try one!
XxOo

No comments:

Post a Comment