Tuesday, May 3, 2016

We do school at home....


Homeschooling #6
A Really Fun Book.

Recently we started a new book for school. We absolutely love it.
{well..most of us absolutely love it....
..I have a male child who is not as excited as the girls, but he has no choice, so...}

Other moms in my homeschool group have been using and enjoying this book.
I had been wanting to try it out, finally, a couple of weeks ago, I did!
I'm really happy with it.

It's called Story Starters {Helping Children Write Like They've Never Written Before}
-by Karen Andreola

The book is filled with a bunch of story beginnings.
There is a picture that goes along with each story starter.

I read aloud the beginning of the story and then the kids write their own endings.
After they are finished writing, we all come together and they read their stories out loud.

It has been so much fun to see how each story ending varies with each child.

I have been a fan of Karen Andreola ever since I started homeschooling.
The Charlotte Mason Companion has been my go to book throughout the years.
It's one of my favorite books ever!

You can find all of Karen Andreola's books HERE.

XxOo

No comments:

Post a Comment