Thursday, December 8, 2011

The stinkiest thing in the world.

For weeks we've passed by the small flat cans of low quality fish.
For weeks Sammy has asked me to buy a can for him.
They're gross I'd say. You won't like them.

I told him how smelly they were.
I told him how when I was young my mom would make my brothers eat them out back they were so gross.
I told him how sardines smell up your whole house!

This did not phase the squid loving, frog leg eating boy of mine.

Today at the grocery store I broke down. I bought sardines for the first time in my life.
89 cents of pure joy.

Of course as soon as we walked in the door he wanted to crack them open.

My brother happened to call at that moment. I told him Sam was about to eat sardines.
You're not going to make him go outside like Mom used to make us do are you.

I laughed...No, no, no. He can eat them inside.

Ha! Once that can was opened up! Sam and his sardines were shipped to the porch!
It worked out though. The neighbor boys also got to enjoy them. {Gag}
And Allison...Oh where have I gone wrong?

December8a


Do you know that if you put an open pine cone into water and let it soak....

December8b
it will close up?

December8c

When it dries, it will open again. =)



Have I ever told you that my boys don't want me to buy new stockings?
We've had them since we were little...you can't change them now Mom!

So Tigger, Winnie the Pooh and a Woody Boot hang from the fireplace mantle.
Tradition. Just like the colored Christmas lights the family won't let me change to white. =)

December8d


Ok. Off to light candles. Spray febreeze. Boil water with cinnamon sticks. Bake cookies.
Whatever it takes to get us out of sardine-land!

Happy Thursday to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment